Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On the Bubble: CBS

The Eye has a lot of shows still twisting in the wind, many of them familiar faces. Who makes the cut?

Saved: 48 Hours Mystery, 60 Minutes, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, The Good Wife, Hawaii 5-0, The Mentalist, Mike & Molly, NCIS: Los Angeles, Rules of Engagement

I think I'm most likely to miss here with one of the CSI spin-offs. There was talk of New York getting cut, but it's seen a bump thanks to the (Friday adjusted) success of Blue Bloods, so I'm now thinking that Miami is the more likely casualty if one does indeed get cut.

Gone: Bleep My Dad Says, Chaos, The Defenders, I Get That a Lot, Mad Love

Bleep My Dad Says is an interesting case, given how it went from significant buzz at this point last year to getting hustled off the schedule as soon as possible. Apparently you can't write a TV show 140 characters at a time.

I suppose there's a chance that The Defenders comes back, though the drop-off in viewers as the season went on, combined with the lack of performance on Fridays, make it a very slim chance. But that may be all a show set in Vegas needs.

No comments: