Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On the Bubble: Fox

And your bubble predictions for Fox:

Saved: America's Most Wanted, The Chicago Code, Cops, Kitchen Nightmares

I can't imagine a world where Fox doesn't show America's Most Wanted and Cops, so I'm saying they're both back. Kitchen Nightmares I could do without - it's a pale imitation of the BBC original - but Fox has hitched its wagon to Gordon Ramsey pretty firmly, and carrying this show will certainly help keep him happy and making Hell's Kitchen (and, I suppose, MasterChef).

The Chicago Code is kind of a wild card for me. It doesn't seem any more likely to make the cut than the other shows on the bubble, but as the newest show of the dramas on the bubble it gets a chance to prove itself where the others have tried and not succeeded.

Gone - Breaking In, Human Target, Lie to Me, Million Dollar Money Drop, Traffic Light

I would not be surprised to see Human Target and/or Lie to Me make the cut, though as I said before I think these shows have had a chance to build an audience but haven't done enough. The other shows seem more solid, though if Fox saw fit to keep Bob's Burgers and Mobbed why not take a chance with Breaking In? Or why not clear the decks of all of them?

Anyway, for having a short bubble list I do think Fox has one of the least predictable ones. They could bring back all of these shows and not surprise me. Well, except for Million Dollar Money Drop.

No comments: