Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It Was a Hot One, Apparently

Three singers, three songs each on American Idol last night. The first round of songs saw a judge pick a song for a singer (Simon chose "Wishing on a Star" for Jordin, Paula tapped "Roxanne" for Blake, an Randy selected "I Believe in Me and You" for Melinda). The second round had the producers pick the songs, while the last round was the singer's choice. Both Jordin and Melinda went with songs they'd done before, while Blake didn't. Don't think that will matter, but it was interesting.

No real complaints, all the performances were as expected from these three. I'm not sure they were always as hot as Randy said they were (hyperbole from Randy? Never!), but no one performed poorly.

I still think we're setting up for Melinda and Jordin in the finals, but Blake and Melinda wouldn't surprise me. If Melinda somehow doesn't make it I'd be very surprised; that could be the most unexpected result in Idol history.

No comments: