Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Finally, the Finale

A rather brisk American Idol final will give way, predictably, to a bloated results show tonight, but unlike the last couple of seasons, I don't think there's much predictability to who will win. I agree with Simon's end of show analysis that Jordan had the better night, but Blake had the best individual performance with his reprisal of "You Give Love a Bad Name." I won't go into the "official" song, a piece of light pop turd called "This is My Now" that sounds like something Dianne Warren would dislodge when she flosses. It's a perfect compliment to the other crappy "official" song.

That being said, I think Jordin is going to win. I'd not be particularly surprised if Blake won, but I don't see it happening. Jordin sings well enough to win the singing competition, and is personable enough to withstand the personality contest aspect of the show.

No comments: