Thursday, February 22, 2007

It Didn't Take Long

The first woman to sing on American Idol last night was better than any of the guys. So was the last one. And so were at least 2 or 3 others. At the end of it all, Randy Jackson said if he had to choose a final 12 now, he'd have 8 women and 4 guys.

I think he's at least one guy heavy.

In any case, it wasn't perfect, as there were plenty of glory notes and unnecessary vocal pyrotechnics, but it's pretty clear that this year's winner is going to be a woman.

As for who will be the first two women cut, one has to be Antonella Barba, whose rendition of "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" was on (sub)par with Sundance Head's performance the previous night. Both were the last person to make the semifinals for their gender; nice going, judges!

With the other cut, there are 4 or 5 women whose names I can't remember and who I can vaguely tell apart. It could be any one of them. My suggestion would be Nicole Tranquillo (I had to look her up), who seemed to be on St. Joseph's Chewable Meth or something. Very odd energy to her performance, which was marginal at best.

No comments: