Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Five women, one spot

After tonight's installment of American Idol, one thing became very clear: Stephanie, Jordin, LaKisha, Sabrian, and Melinda should be in the finals. None of the other five women is a better singer than the worst one in this group. Which means that those five other women are fighting for the last spot.

Of those five, I think Gina is the only one who'd be able to keep up, and even then not for long. Were I picking who to cut, I'd go with Alania and Antonella, neither of whom improved much over last week. Haley and Leslie weren't much better, though I think they were marginally better than the other two.

The requests were less odd than last night, with the strangest being Alania dedicating "Not Ready to Make Nice" to her mom. There's a story there, and I'm sure Access Hollywood or the like will pick it up should she last much longer.

No comments: