Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New on TV: Blue Bloods

OK, I didn't watch the whole pilot episode, so take this for what it's worth. For what little I saw, this appears to be a servicable cop/family drama. I only saw scenes with Tom Selleck and Danny Walbergh, and while I liked them both there was too much stereotypical hot headed street cop in Wahlberg's character for my taste (would it surprise you that one of the scenes I saw involved Wahlberg's character getting information from a kidnapping suspect by repeatedly pushing the suspect's head into toilet water?).

The show did well, winning its time slot, and given the low to moderate expectations for Friday shows I expect it'll stick around. That's more than one can say for Outlaw, the NBC show about a Supreme Court justice turned lawyer for the little guy. It tanked, to the point where it couldn't best The Jay Leno Show's numbers from this time last season. That should be grounds for automatic cancellation.

No comments: