Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New on TV: Vanished

I finally got around to watching the first episode of this new Fox drama that combines Without a Trace and The DaVinci Code when a US Senator's wife disappears, and the last person she was with - a guy posing as a concierge - is found dead with a cryptic tattoo on his hand that was inked after he died. Spooky!

The pilot was sufficiently engrossing, though I did have a nit to pick regarding the FBI agent in charge. He's on his first big case since losing a kidnapping victim; the captor was shot by a sniper, and rather than run to him to make sure he didn't release the button that would set off the victim's explosives-laden vest, the agent runs towards the victim. With predictably firey results. That doesn't make the guy seem like the super-agent he's supposed to be.

I have a more significant issue with Rebecca Gayheart's reporter character. I assume she's supposed to be annoying, but perhaps not that annoying. I can only hope she takes it down a notch in future episodes. I'd be OK if she disappeared altogether.

I'll keep recording episodes, but don't feel compelled to watch them in any hurry.

No comments: