Wednesday, December 07, 2005

No Pie for Me

For what it's worth, I struck out in the great Dave's Mom pie guessing contest. I went with cherry and rhubarb, and she actually made pumpkin (for like the fifth year in a row) and blueberry (which I don't think she'd done before).

In related Dave news I have yet to watch the Oprah episode, but hear that it was what you'd expect, which is too bad. I was hoping for at least one appearance of the Oprah Log, but it wasn't to be.

In completely unrelated news, I am finally caught up with Lost. I'm at a stage of this show that feels kind of like where I was during my late-blooming viewership of The X-Files, where the information is coming just a little too slowly for my taste. I also can't say I was shocked by last week's ending, where Walt and his dad re-connect on the bunker's computer. If they really wanted it to be shocking, it should have been Shannon (better - Michael's wife) on the other end of the box. That would have been a serious mind-bender.

No comments: