Friday, March 17, 2006

Unexpected Catch Phrase Creep

The school I work at held a career fair yesterday. The heading on the flying advertising the event?

"Suit up!"

For all the success How I Met Your Mother has had this season, I wasn't expecting that. I figured the dating lemon law that Barney came up with would make the jump to real life first.

Speaking of Barney, there was a recent episode that gave more of his back-story, and now I'm confused. I was under the impression that Ted and Barney knew each other in college, but this episode mentioned how Barney used to be some hippie-type until his girlfriend left him for a guy who inspired Barney's current persona. Ted didn't seem to know Barney was like this, or at least the episode didn't explain that he did. This strikes me as more of a continuity problem than the Belle & Sebastian thing, but given how closely I follow the show (i.e. not that close) I may be mistaken as to how Ted and Barney originally met.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I am the official How I Met Your Mother geek in our family I will point out that Barney met Ted in a night club bathroom. Seeing him being Ted Barney decided that he should be his friend. I believe that it was Marshall and Ted who knew each other in college.

Hyph

Mark said...

Ah, thanks. I'm sufficiently non-geeky enough with this show to remember.