Wednesday, February 15, 2006

OlympicsWatch, Day 7

The daytime program has more live hockey (men) and curling (both). The prime time coverage is sure to focus on Yevgeny Plushenko's quest for gold in the men's figure skating long program. Failing that, he could probably get a job as a backup singer for The Darkness. Seriously, what's with his hair?

My main interest in prime time, though, will be speed skating's team pursuit. It seems like just the right amount of chaos for a sport involving ice and bladed footwear (don't get me wrong, I like short track, it just gets a little irritating with all the judge involvement).

Going back to today's programming, I was a little surprised during coverage of the Sweden-Kazahkstan game to hear multiple references to the Soviet Union. In the present tense. I know people don't always keep up with the news, but this seems negligent in the extreme.

No comments: